Maintenance and Safety Guidelines for using Poolsaic™ products
You want your pool mat to last a long time and prevent any possible hazards so keep these tips in mind.
- Remove your Poolsaic™ from the pool when the pool is closed or covered, even for a short time.
- Let it dry thoroughly before storing for the winter.
- Store flat in a cool dry area. (For long-term storage, you can roll with the printed side facing out and store it in a cool dry place. For best results, wrap the mat in the piece of protective foam that your mat came with.
- Remove before adding any chemicals or shocking the pool.
- Chlorine levels should not exceed 10 PPM.
- Maintain proper pool water chemistry in accordance with The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) guidelines.
- Remove your Poolsaic™ pool mat when using a manual vacuum that can move or shift the placement of the mat. Pool mats are compatible with most automatic vacuum systems.
- Clean your Poolsaic™ (especially the underside) periodically to prevent algae or other buildup. Poolsaic™ mats do not guarantee anti-microbial protection.
- Do not use abrasives or chemicals to clean Poolsaics™. Clean your pool mat with a mild soap and a soft cloth.
- Do not use Poolsaics™ in pools with in-floor, pop-up cleaning jets. Water propelled by the jets can cause mats to move around.
- Do not allow your Poolsaic™ to cover drains or other functioning maintenance equipment.
- Do not place your Poolsaic™ in a hot tub, whirlpool, or bathtub or use in a pool that is less than 3’ deep.
- Do not adhere Poolsaics™ to the pool floor or walls.
- Do not place your Poolsaic™ on a slope or incline as it will eventually drift to a flat area.
- Do not use Poolsaic™ products as a floatation device. Poolsaic™ products are intended for decorative use only.
- Do not leave your Poolsaic™ unattended outside of the pool. Poolsaics™ are slippery when wet and pose a risk if left on the ground outside of the pool.
- Do not allow children or pets to play with Poolsaics™. Installation should be performed by a capable adult.
- Do not swim underneath your mat. Poolsaics™ are very heavy and should not be disturbed when in use.
- Do not leave your Poolsaic™ in the pool when it is covered or enclosed, even for a short time. Enclosed chemicals will have an accelerated fading effect, especially on predominantly yellow graphics.
PLEASE NOTE: Your decorative POOLSAIC™ Pool Mat is manufactured with a clear laminate surface to protect the vibrant design. This film may develop wrinkles when rolled for shipment and storage. Please note that these wrinkles are not visible when your Pool Mat is installed and are NOT considered a defect.